The invigilator is the person in the examination room responsible for conducting a particular examination session in the presence of the candidates. Invigilators have a key role in upholding the integrity of the external examination/assessment process.
The invigilator’s role includes:
- ensuring all candidates have an equal opportunity to demonstrate their abilities
- ensuring the security of the examination before, during and after the examination
- preventing possible candidate malpractice
- preventing possible administrative failures
- liaising with the examination officer and senior invigilator
Regulations also state that invigilators must:
- be familiar with JCQ’s ‘Instructions for Conducting Examinations’, the ‘Warning to Candidates’, Information for Candidates’ and ‘Mobile Phone’ posters, and any specific instructions relating to the subjects being examined
- give all their attention to conducting the examination properly
- be able to observe each candidate in the examination room at all times
- inform the head of centre if they are suspicious of the security of the examination papers
Register your CV with Link3 Recruitment
Would you like our help in finding your next role in education?
If you are looking for a new challenge, simply register your interest with Link3 by browsing our latest jobs, submitting your CV, or giving us a call at your local branch. Click ‘Register CV’ below, complete the form and upload your CV.