FE/ HE Lecturer
Lecturers teach further and higher education students and monitor their progress, tutoring them if needed. They conduct research, prepare lectures and oversee examinations. They also are expected to write scholarly papers and oversee research budgets.
Responsibilities of a college or university lecturer may include:
- Develop several engaging courses within your field of study, including choosing the reading material, creating assignments and arranging a syllabus.
- Present stellar lectures to students that inspire strong discussions and keep students interested.
- Remain current in the field of study through regular research, attendance at conferences and publishing in peer-reviewed journals and similar places.
- Conduct office hours on a regular basis to provide time for students to come and talk with you about their grades, assignments and other issues.
- Mentor students, and assist them in their pursuit of their qualifications such as providing academic and career advisement.
- Grade assignments and ensure that all students remain in compliance with the department’s policy on academic integrity, including checking for any cheating and/or plagiarism.
- Develop strong relationships with colleagues within the department and throughout the institution for an enhanced learning environment that values interdisciplinary study.
Register your CV with Link3 Recruitment
Would you like our help in finding your next role in education?
If you are looking for a new challenge, simply register your interest with Link3 by browsing our latest jobs, submitting your CV, or giving us a call at your local branch. Click ‘Register CV’ below, complete the form and upload your CV.