Senior Leadership Team
A Senior Leadership Team (SLT) will vary in number and structure dependent on the size and nature of the school in question – but primarily will comprise.
- Deputy Headteacher
- Key Stage Leaders
- Core Subject Coordinators (inc Planning and Assessment)
- Year group Leaders – very large schools only
- School Business Manager
So lets try and get an overarching statement that sums up what the responsibilities of this group should be. Firstly lets have a look at what they have to consider
- The school and grounds as a building and safe working environment for staff and pupils
- The school and grounds maintenance and possibly future development
- The interior fitments and equipment maintenance and replacement
- All educational equipment maintenance and equipment
SLT undertake a variety of tasks to keep the school operating effieciently
- The organisation of staffing within the school
- Classroom and class organisation
- To ensure teaching and learning provision and standards in line with the current educational curriculum and national levels of expectation. (now that’s a broad statement that encompasses SO MUCH!)
- To provide up to date staff professional development which enables staff to carry out their roles and responsibilities within the school whilst at the same time providing career development and opportunity.
- The SLT will organise the schools preparation and response to inspections, assessments and other external requests and requirements made of the school.
- To work with and keep informed the School Governing body.
Register your CV with Link3 Recruitment
Would you like our help in finding your next role in education?
If you are looking for a new challenge, simply register your interest with Link3 by browsing our latest jobs, submitting your CV, or giving us a call at your local branch. Click ‘Register CV’ below, complete the form and upload your CV.