Site & Facility Staff
Site managers or caretakers play a vital role in schools being responsible for the maintenance and security of school buildings. They often take over the management of frontline caretaking, cleaning and security. You could also be employed as a mobile caretaker, responsible for several different sites.
The brief of site manager or a caretaker can vary widely depending on the size of the school, but often includes some or all of the following:
- Setting the priorities for maintenance and repairs
- Carrying out basic repairs
- Managing access to the premises and maintaining security
- Cleaning or supervising cleaning
- Planning site use and development
- Championing health and safety around the school, and supervising external contractors
- Managing site staff
Premises managers need to:
- Be able to work flexibly
- Have basic DIY skills
- Be reasonably fit to cope with the lifting and carrying involved
Register your CV with Link3 Recruitment
Would you like our help in finding your next role in education?
If you are looking for a new challenge, simply register your interest with Link3 by browsing our latest jobs, submitting your CV, or giving us a call at your local branch. Click ‘Register CV’ below, complete the form and upload your CV.